HIGHLY PAID INTERNSHIP AT CEDOS. DEADLINE: AUGUST, 10
Internship from OSIFE in Ukraine. Internship will be based in CEDOS think tank (Kyiv, Ukraine).
Think Tank Fund for Wider Europe, a program of the Open Society Initiate for Europe (OSIFE), announces the Think Tank Young Professional Development Program for MA and PhD graduates who graduated with a PhD, LLM or MA degree in the social sciences and humanities from high-quality universities in the OECD countries in the past two years.
Applicants must be residents of the following countries: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia, or Ukraine
Position Title: Education Policy Analyst
Program period: Individual programs will last up to 6 months and may start from November 2016
Scholarship: around 900 USD (only for the program period)
Eligibility Criteria for Young Professionals made by Think Tank Fund for Wider Europe:
Eligible candidates must fulfill ALL of the following requirements:
- Have graduated in the past two years with a PhD, LLM or MA degree in the social sciences and humanities from universities in the OECD countries (Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovak Republic, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States)
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the selected countries in the Western Balkans, and Georgia, Moldova, and Ukraine, as listed above.
- Applicants should be between 23 and 35 years of age at the time of application.
- Applicants must be fluent in written and spoken English and Ukrainian
- Applicants must be ready to return to their home country and reside there during the internship period
Eligibility Criterion for Young Professionals made by CEDOS
- Applicants must have experience in education policy analysis.
Description of the work task
CEDOS education department is going to focus research activities in secondary education on socio-economic status of students and its correlation with learning results. Our major goal is to develop and promote policy for narrowing or even closing performance gap based on income status and other social, economic and cultural background of students.
The candidate is expected to perform the following duties:
- Qualitative and quantitative research (participation in research designing and planning, field work, data analysis)
- Data collection (from government and education bodies)
- Preparing policy papers for peer-reviewed journals and based on analyses columns for media
- Participation in fund-raising process (preparation of grant applications)
Candidate is expected to work on and finalize during the program period (6 months) following policy products:
- Co-authoring one baseline study (research on correlation of socio-economic status and learning results in secondary education)
- Co-authoring one policy paper on narrowing income-based performance gap in secondary education (30 pages approximately)
- Three articles for the mass media presenting results of the above-mentioned research.
To be considered for the Think Tank Young Professional Development Program, applying graduates should submit the following documents in English (as .doc or .pdf attachments to email) by August 10, 2016 to email@example.com (title: Young Professionals):
- Motivation/cover letter. The letter should describe the applicant's interest in this development program and specific objectives for the work in CEDOS, the applicant's skills and qualifications, and the added value s/he will contribute both to CEDOS and sponsoring organizations
- Curriculum Vitae (CV). The CV should describe the applicant's academic and professional background, giving a detailed description of the applicant's previous employment and listing recent policy and academic projects in which the applicant has been involved, knowledge of software.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!